Thursday, October 22, 2009

24 Loads


+

So, my washing machine broke. We ordered our new one but it took longer than we thought to be delivered...for a month our laundry mounded up in our room. It was actually quite liberating to throw your dirty clothes on it and not think about a hamper or sorting. Some things I learned however were: 1.) we have too many clothes, 2.) beach towels are not as comfortable to dry with after showers, 3.) the Pioneers had it rough washing by hand since we had a taste once or twice of it, 4.) 24 loads of laundry takes a LONG time to finish!!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for blogging about this! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing...but one question...why didn't you go to a laundry mat? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with both Amber AND Heather. Laundromats are so amazing! You get it all done at once. As long as it's a semi-clean one though. It kind of grosses me out if it's a dirty one. hehe. But my first thought was, "Wow" she has a lot of clothes. That's pretty amazing and congrats on the new washer/dryer. And by the way, it wasn't Brian who jimmy rigged a clip on the back of your dryer when we were there. 'twas me! You impressed? Thank you...thank you very much. I figured it needed something rather than letting all the water spray down the back of the washer and onto the floor, and NOT into the washer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shoot. I thought maybe the one happy girl was the new baby- and that pile of clothes were all the Piper Hand me downs... sometimes I just make up my own story when I see a picture

    ReplyDelete